The Drawing Clerk (DC) role is responsible for supporting and managing all of the project-based files, drawings, and documentation for the preconstruction team. DC’s represent the company by supporting the project team through the development, execution, and handover of the work documents. DC’s assist and support the project team by ensuring the project materials are properly documented, categorized, printed, and cataloged correctly for future reference.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Serve as point-of-contact for Summit’s Preconstruction Team for project documentation.
- Maintain a digital library and hard copies if needed of certain documents in a designated file library area.
- Communicate with outside resources to ensure proper document/information flow and transfers are understood and current.
- Distribute project documents to internal and external Project Teams via electronic file sharing, email, and hard copy.
- Print hard copies of drawings and other documents and package to mail as requested.
- Assist with receiving & filing project drawings/CAD files into the Drawing Management System.
- Provide general support for existing Document system and day to day documentation management
- Maintain accurate accounting records for the overall drawing inventory and updates.
- Identify and address potential issues in advance and address issues with a sense of urgency.
Role Qualifications & Skills:
- High School Diploma - Required
- Self-Starter: Can take direction and initiative to get the assigned tasks done in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skill: the ability to work and collaborate with the team to ensure smooth work operations, including both co-located and remote team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Task & Time Management Skill: ability to be flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced environment, including high competency in handling simultaneously occurring tasks, with the ability to achieve operational objectives within set deadlines
- Possess high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams), and computer communication programs (Zoom)
- Strong familiarity with technical systems, and the ability to learn new and complex computer document control programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a uniform filing system.
Role Qualifications & Skills:
- Align with Summit’s cultural values
- Ability to multi-task, handle competing priorities under pressure, quickly study and react to issues.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit or walk for periods of time; talk or listen; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The duties of this job will require lifting, binding, and packaging rolls of drawings weighing up to 15lbs.
To Apply for This Position:
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Summit Engineering & Construction
Attn: Doug Brunton
3823 W 1800 S
Remington, IN 47977
Or email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
All submissions will be kept confidential.