Summit is looking for a structural engineer to join our team and culture. This individual must be self-motivated and capable of participating in both front-end preliminary design efforts for budgeting and planning, as well as executing back-end final design for development of construction documents. The position is based out of our Remington, IN office, with the opportunity to work remotely. Some travel will be required.
- Execute structural analysis of various new build structures including, but not limited to:
- Foundation and/or Main Frame Design of layer houses, pullet houses, manure storage buildings, egg foyers, hanging catwalk systems, etc.
- Coordinate and convey the design to drafting staff to develop final plan sets.
- Review plan sets produced internally and externally for conformance to engineered design codes and standards.
- Experience and proficiency in prominent structural analysis software (RISA, STADD PRO, Visual Analysis, etc.)
- Work within AutoCAD system
- Evaluating existing structures for remediation or renovation
- Well-versed in at least (2) structural mediums, one of which must be structural steel (others could be wood, concrete, etc.)
- • Update, maintain, and advance internal design tools (Excel sheets, MathCAD, etc.)
- Perform construction-related services, including shop drawing reviews, response to requests for information, periodic construction site observation, and occasional specialized structural inspections
- Collaborate with architects, designers, and building contractors on the design and construction of projects.
- Management of engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering
- Professionally Licensed in at least (1) state; willingness to obtain licenses in other states.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Agriculture background (preferred, not required)
To Apply for This Position:
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Summit Engineering & Construction
Attn: Doug Brunton
3823 W 1800 S
Remington, IN 47977
Or email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be kept confidential.