The Drafter position would be responsible for performing professional-level technical work using computerized drafting and drawing systems. Work is performed with independence under the minimal supervision of the assigned supervisor. Performance is evaluated based on accuracy, technical knowledge demonstrated, and achievement of desired results in completing intermediate design and drafting projects. This position is based out of our Remington, IN office with the opportunity to work remotely 2 days a week.
Expectations & Objectives:
- Complete sales level prints including preliminary site layouts, basic sections/plan views of agricultural buildings, 3D renderings in SketchUp
- Complete review level construction drawings (structural, architectural, some MEP) for review by others
- Incorporate redline review comments from engineering and project managers.
- Complete bid level & final issuance of construction drawings
- Produce and review detailed construction documentation for multiple projects.
- Know and understand the design criteria and special instructions for specific assigned projects.
- Keep accurate records of important communications and developments for assigned projects and prepare summaries of completed designs and project status information.
- Work closely with the project teams and project manager to keep track of project design and timeline.
- Keep project team members and project managers informed of all pertinent issues.
- Promptly make all quality control corrections required upon return of previously performed work.
- Keep all assigned project files and drawings organized and up to date.
- Possess qualities that align with Summit Culture.
- Excellent business judgment and acumen as well as organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Associates degree in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design or similar 2-yr technical degree
- Based out of Remington office with the ability to work remote 2 days a week (Monday and Friday)
- Talented and efficient in AutoCAD 2D
- Experience in SketchUp (preferred)
- Concentration in architectural / structural drafting
- Background in agriculture (preferred, but not required)
To Apply for This Position:
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Summit Engineering & Construction
Attn: Doug Brunton
3823 W 1800 S
Remington, IN 47977
Or email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be kept confidential.