Summit is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team.
Summit is a young, growth-oriented, forward-thinking, and solutions-oriented national design-build industrial-level agricultural construction company. Our mission is to better help our customers feed the world profitably, sustainably, and responsibly. Our motto is "do right, on time, with excellence." We believe the best way to do this for our customers is with a culture comprised of talented, growth-oriented, and intellectually curious people focused on finding better ways, active collaboration, and solving our customer's challenges.
- Collaborate with the project lead to drive electrical design programming. The programming phase will include high-level site power distribution planning, coordination with local utilities, backup power strategy, branch circuit routing, and panel scheduling, as well as control/automation integration and telecommunications planning.
- Assist project team in vetting out and establishing relevant permitting, codes, and other constraints specific to NEC or appropriate local codes and ordinances. Summit operates nationally, requiring the ability to evaluate code compliance in multiple states/counties/jurisdictions. Additionally, based on agricultural exemption in several states, Summit will rely on this position to help advise on best practices that should be maintained for life safety and operational longevity regardless of legal exemption from code compliance.
- Develop detailed electrical scope of work for use in client contracts, request for proposals, and subcontract agreements.
- Assist in estimate development through high-level budgeting using historical data, working directly with potential subcontractors, and guiding internal estimating staff through the specifics of electrical estimate development to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assist project manager in the procurement of electrical scope of work by shifting established relationships with potential subcontractors to the PM, reviewing official bids, and being a knowledge resource for questions.
- Manage the detailed design development of the construction level electrical design documents and specifications through consultants while coordinating with the project team and client to ensure alignment with scope, estimate, and expectation.
- Coordinate controls/automation within the electrical design and perform QA/QC of control/automation drawings for compliance with established power distribution drawings.
- Review and/or facilitate review of design submittals for gear, generators, and other electrical equipment for compliance with design and specifications
- Assist in the planning efforts regarding alarms, surveillance, fiber optics, and other telecommunications required for a given project.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Proficient in reading and understanding electrical design drawings and specifications
- Professionally Licensed (or 3+ years working directly with a licensed PE)
- Agriculture background (preferred, not required)
To Apply for This Position:
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Summit Engineering & Construction
Attn: Doug Brunton
3823 W 1800 S
Remington, IN 47977
Or email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be kept confidential.